£600 - £700 per day
6 months ago
Technical Business Analyst - SQL Server, T-SQL, MI, ETL
A leading Lloyd's market insurer is looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join the BI Team as part of a company-wide IT transformation programme, this organisation will be cloud-first by the end of the project. This position will have a high level of visibility, working with a variety of business units and thus, confident and clear communication is a must. Being a customer facing role, the successful candidate will need to be a savvy, confident communicator.
One of the other workstreams of the programme is a migration project. It would be helpful (though not essential) for the successful candidate to have worked on a migration project in the past as there may be times when their knowledge could be used on the migration. The role will report to the Head of BI.
This contract is an initial 12 months inside IR35 with an ASAP start date.
- Requirements elicitation and delivery across multiple business areas, identifying any scope changes required
- Identifying Management Information (MI) solutions and offering these to the board
- Look at current gaps and understand where improvements can be made
- Support all areas of the business and report findings to senior management
- Work with the current consultants in the business to help support data migrations
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Technical Business Analyst on T-SQL projects
- Strong background (minimum 2 years) working as a Business Analyst within Lloyd's / London insurance market
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- Strong understanding of Lloyd's regulations (eg IFRS17 / PMDR / QMA)
- Development background within insurance
- Understanding of Eclipse and / or OpenBox underwriting systems
- To have worked within Agile / Scrum environments
- Azure / DevOps experience