£85000 - £90000 per annum + 12.5% bonus + Remote working
26 days ago
Engineering Manager - Digital Healthcare
Engineering Manager coming from a Java development background or management of Java based development teams, is required for a pioneering digital healthcare business reporting directly to the CTO. The company have been providing digital healthcare solutions to health providers like the NHS to improve the efficiency and cost saving capabilities of the technology, as well as facilitate remote based consultations which have proven vital over the last two years.
As part of the growing team and catalogue of products, they are looking for an experienced Software Manager to take ownership of the growth and success for two squads managing two of the businesses best known products.
You will have experience working as a software manager or lead with proven ability to coach and mentor members of agile teams. You will be responsible for approximately 8 developers and should also have experience recruiting and hiring members to your team. Technical skills are important however you will not be hands on, you should have come from a Java development background or having experience managing Java development teams, the focus will however be across the soft skills of management.
You should also have worked within small to medium sized businesses, the organisation is taking advantage that they are still small and very agile, and you should have worked similarly in your career.
As a small business they are looking for a Development Manager who is looking to take a step up with a seat at the table working directly for the CTO. You will be part of the businesses strategy development as well as having input in the technology direction. With this in-mind you should be enthusiastic about the organisation and the domain of digital healthcare. This position will be remote first however there will be occasional travel to the offices in either Brighton or London.
- Experience leading and managing development teams
- Experience working in a small/medium agile environment
- Experience recruiting and hiring developers
- Background in Java development preferred
What is in it for you?
- Ability to influence the strategy and direction of a medium sized business - reporting directly to the CTO
- Working for an organisation that is genuinely making a difference, significant feel-good factor
- The chance to mentor and grow development teams in a fast-growing organisation
- Remote working abilities with only occasional trips to the office - offices in Brighton or London are available
- Latest technology, truly agile environment, advanced cloud practices and focus on future proofing
- Excellent salary and bonus scheme
We are expecting to have this position filled quickly so apply to Alex Holliday (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered.
Keywords: Management - java - PHP - healthcare - digital health - AWS - team lead - development lead - software lead -