City of London, London
£85000.00 - £95000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Portfolio/ Programme Manager is urgently required to join a global insurance firm during a period of extensive change.
My client are looking for a Portfolio Manager with extensive experience working with a range of IT focused work-streams to become a key member of their Change & Transformation outfit. You will be instrumental in driving and influencing key initiatives within the overall portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of governance processes for new projects & end to end planning around milestones, resources, finances and dependencies
- Provide hands on Project Management where required, including mentoring of junior PM's
- Management of the PMO team which consists of permanent and contract resources
- Lead capacity planning, with an aim to ensure projects are delivered on time and have the correct resources
- Proactively provide solutions for process & system improvement initiatives using various project management techniques
- Continuous analysis of existing portfolio plans to identify potential risks and issues, as well as working to rectify any serious portfolio issues
Your previous experience will include:
- Proven experience in the planning and delivery of programs of work with an IT change focus
- Knowledge of insurance products and processes
- A proven background in working as part of a senior team to define and deliver IT road-maps
- Successful management of internal and external teams working as part of a larger portfolio
- Strong experience in managing software implementations and recommending best practices within a fluid Project Management Office
- Expert knowledge of a range of different PM tools, including MS Project, Excel, Project Server among others
- Hands on experience in the use of Portfolio Management Tools like Clarity of Project Server
This is an opportunity to make real change in an organisation who are already challenging industry standards and ways of working. You will be directly influencing the shape and strategy of how the IT function will look in 3 years.