City of London, London
£85000.00 - £95000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Lead Network Engineer
Permanent - Hybrid - Financial Services
Project focused Lead Network Engineer is required for a for a highly prestigious Financial Services trading organisation based in the heart of London taking you on a technology transformation journey.
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly significant trading business within financial services at a generational moment in their history where they have been investing significantly in the technology journey as part of this transformation.
The role is responsible for maintaining connectivity services and ensuring the availability of LAN/WAN/DC network services, providing 3rd line support. You will be expected to develop, manage, and maintain core IT infrastructure standards including services such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and key management systems therein. Experience in Network protocols such as Multicast, VXLAN, PTP, NAC from similar working environment is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will ideally come from trading environment/worked on low latency projects, with at least 10 years experience withing similar role, with strong knowledge in Cisco/Firewalls and SME in SolarWinds, as well as being a subject matter expert for support escalation.
If you are looking to join small diverse team where you will be able to demonstrate willingness to challenge existing approaches and drive change, you are more than welcome to apply as the business has a strong record of quality and a prestigious background as well as very good career progression within the organisation.
Required knowledge and level of experience:
- Expert knowledge in Cisco ISE, Corvil, Wireshark, Riverbed, TimeKeeper
- Cisco and Arista switches/routers/WLCs
- Experience in Network protocols such as Multicast, VXLAN, PTP, NAC
- F5 and A10 balancers
- Broad understanding of Network enterprise monitoring solutions, ideally SolarWinds
- Trading business within financial services
- Problem solving skills and strong "delivery" mind set
What's in it for you?
- Working in a diverse organization with great opportunities for a career progression
- Great bonus culture - up to 20%-25% bonus
- Hybrid working with 2 days from the office based in the city of London
**The client is proud to be an equal opportunity employer so applications from any background are welcome**
Please contact Nadya Nyagolova on 0203 828 6967 / firstname.lastname@example.org