City of London, London
£65000 - £70000 per annum
6 months ago
We are currently working with an exciting client of ours seeking a Lead Developer, they are a Leading Investment Management firm based in City of London who manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment on behalf of its clients located across the globe.
- Lead to the day-to-day development across one or more applications/features, considering prescribed standards and patterns.
- The initial focus will be on a feature of the global platform, with an eye towards developing solutions that can be leveraged throughout the organization.
- Use continuous delivery practices to increase speed of delivery.
- Own the creation of accurate estimates for planned work along and be accountable for validating and refining estimates against actuals.
- Ensure that Development is delivered within quality guidelines and that the team members being lead adhere to the guidelines.
- Be able to work without oversight and to oversee others' work.
- Work with Business Analysts and the Product Owner to take requirements and break them down into Epics, Stories. Design and document solutions.
- Write and assign development sub-tasks to less experienced members of the team, monitoring progress against plan and estimates
- Ensure that developments are transitioned effectively into support teams, with consideration of support being given throughout the development lifecycle.
- Provide 3rd line support, as appropriate, leading the investigation of production issues and being proactive in preventing their repeat.
- Seek to both acquire and distribute knowledge and experience among team members; both in technical and business aspects.
- Conduct code review to peers and be able to provide
- Pair programme where appropriate to improve quality and to help mentor junior members
- Liaise with the Platform Team to evolve the CI/CD pipeline
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Strong C#/.NET (4.6+, .NET core 2.0+)
- Testing Frameworks: NUnit, Specflow or similar
- Testing Methodologies: TDD/BDD
- NuGet / NPM
- Version Control; Git and/or SVN
- RESTful Services / Json
- Strong SQL and RDBMS knowledge (SQL Server/PostgreSQL)
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Java (8+) / JEE (7+)
- Microservice patterns
- Understanding of Agile principles
- CI (using Jenkins)
- Design Patterns
- Confluence & Jira
- Jetbrains suite (Webstorm/Rider)