City of London, London
£90000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + Package + Uncapped Bonus
4 months ago
Head of Network - Operations, Project, Architecture, Strategy, Design
Head of Network is urgently needed for a global trading house in London. They are looking for you to lead their network team from a strategy, design and leadership perspective. You will be heading up their network function and therefore need demonstrated experience in leading a similar function.
Whilst spearheading this team you will be integral for leading on operation and strategy for the team whilst also working on low level design and selling this to C level management. As a company that deal with external usage of their servers they possess a truly complex network infrastructure.
You will be able to blend your core technical ability with your leadership and strategy skills to shape critical projects that will bring positive changes. Working alongside the IT director, you will be crucial to not only the management of teams but take full ownership of all project work with input into design, strategy and the vision for the company.
- Team Management/Leadership (15-20 reports)
- Stakeholder management - Creating a design and pushing it all the way through the C level
- Come from a networking background as an SME
- Lead in all strategy and design
- Thought Leadership - lay out road maps for the future and drive this from start to finish
- Lead on the drive to push in emerging technologies
- Routing and Switching (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, multicast)
- Cisco Data Center switches (Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000, 3000 and 2000 FEXs)
- Good knowledge of data packet capture analysis (wireshark, Riverbed, Corvil, …)
- Load Balancers (A10 LTM, F5 GTM)
- Arista Data Center switches
- Cisco Wireless solutions
- Network Virtualization (VRFs, contexts, VDCs, etc.)
- Strong understanding or Linux
- Strong understanding of Software Defined Networks
- Understanding of Cloud networking
In-light of current global affairs, this client are able to on-board from a fully remote basis and look to bring you into their London HQ later this year.
Please Apply for Further Detail