City of London, London
£90000 - £110000 per annum + Package
5 months ago
Head of Development - Brokerage, High Availability, Java, FX
Head of Development is needed for a global Forex Brokerage in London. You will be responsible for leading a team of developers that maintain and develop solutions for their products. This is a hands on position where you will be working on the full development life cycle, ongoing support and providing leadership of their development team.
The role will be split between two core responsibilities. Learning to maintain and support their legacy systems (FX brokerage products made of Java, C+ and .Net technologies) whilst also leading their move into new technology where you will directly be dealing with Cloud, Kafka, Big Data and other pieces of innovative technology.
You will need to come from a background of a Brokerage or Investment Management firm where you have been hands on dealing with their trading products. MT4 or KX Timeseries experience specifically would be highly beneficial but not essential.
As the successful candidate you will also be acting as senior leadership for their current development team. This would include dealing with the business directly as you will be taking ownership of their business-critical applications.
- Hands on development experience within Front Office (ideally within FX or another trading capacity)
- Experience in multithreaded, low latency and distributed system development
- RDBMS and SQL development
- Providing technical leadership to a team of developers
- Java background and willing to learn new pieces of technology