City of London, London
£110000 - £130000 per annum + 40% bonus
3 months ago
Head of Development - VP - Banking
Head of Development & Systems Transformation is required to run and transform a team of 40 engineers and developer across 3 teams to decommission 3rd party trading vendor based solutions and integrate internal systems over the next 18 months.
This is a generational transformation for the business where you will be driving a Software Engineering transition away from 3rd party software reliance towards insourced software solutions.
As part of this process, you will be responsible for the management and integration of three significant development teams covering technical areas like QA, Development, Architecture, Platform Engineering and on-going BAU Support with the overall aim of bringing these teams that have so far operated relatively independent into a collaborative in-house development function.
As the driver of change you will need to display experience in similar business critical transformation projects with the ability to communicate with highly technical professionals on a technical as well as business level. You will take part and contribute in executive and steering committee meetings and will hold overall accountability for the end support of all in-house applications.
- Extensive experience gained in a real-time trading environment
- Strong background in Software Development and Systems Innovation
- Transformation, Project Leadership and People Management
- Proven background operation at C level with budgetary contract and reporting
- Scrum / ITIL / Agile
- Broad range of C++. Java, C#, React languages
- Desirable, Clearing, STP, Exchange experience