City of London, London
£110000.00 - £120000.00 per annum + Package
9 months ago
Head of Architecture - Insurance, IT Strategy, Architecture
Global Insurance based within the London Market are looking for a Head of Architecture/VP of Engineering to lead the daily running of a large scale technical team. Reporting into the CTO you will have the responsibility to drive forward technical architecture and the delivery of all IT projects.
We are looking for a true IT Generalist that has a broad scope of knowledge that will cover every aspect of IT. This will include but not be limited to:
- Database: They are moving from traditional RDBMS of SQL and Oracle to Hadoop, Neo4J and further Big Data Technologies
- Cloud: Currently completing a lift and shift migration to Azure
- Development: For data pipelines they have moved to Python and Kafka. Their main development languages revolve around .Net and C# using API Microservices
The client itself have been going through a digital transformation and as part of a 3 year now can be considered to be up their with the industry leaders for technology. Not often you will find the opportunity to join an enterprise level company but still push forward delivery into emerging technology
The role itself will be a blend of working daily with the technical teams, providing architecture guidance and leading on IT strategies throughout the business, whilst also working with the business and being able to cross reference technical jargon to other Heads of.
- Broad experience within technology as a Senior Architect
- Understanding of not only core tech but how it works within a business
- Enterprise/Solution Architecture
- Gravitas to lead various teams and guide from a high level technical stance.
- Insurance/Lloyds Market experience would be beneficial