£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Finance Systems Analyst - SQL, MDS, Reporting, T-SQL, Excel, IFRS 17, MS Dynamics GP
An exciting opportunity at a leading Lloyd's market insurance organisation to bridge the gap between IT and Finance as a Finance Systems Analyst. You'll build out an IT Finance function to support Financial Control and Reporting, whilst having a good understanding of the necessary IT systems and processes. This a pivotal role in this company's IT transformation project along with continuous improvement and response to IFRS 17. Working closely with many business units including Database Development, Data Governance, Finance, IT and Change, your technical experience in MS SQL Server T-SQL and financial experience in ledgers and accounts will be crucial in the organisation's development of new financial IT systems.
This is an exciting time to join as the organisation undergoes significant change and advancement. The position is particularly appealing to those who are looking to take a step up in terms of responsibility and who are keen to lead developmental change.
- Take lead of full cycle of Finance systems development - initiation, development, testing, implementation and enhancement
- Act as primary business analyst and SME for the IT calculation engine's interaction with the general Ledger (Microsoft Great Plain)
- Analyse and translate Finance requirements to actionable requests to the Database and Systems Development team
- Support Reporting and Finance teams during financial close process
- IT Finance evangelist across Company and Syndicate platforms
- Accounting and Finance systems experience in Insurance is a must
- Technical experience in SQL Server T-SQL and financial experience in ledgers and account structures
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders
- Experience in IT Finance systems change and transformation
- An Accounting qualification would be an advantage
Finance Systems Analyst - SQL, MDS, Reporting, T-SQL, Excel, IFRS 17, MS Dynamics Great Plain