£70000 - £80000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Data Engineer - Insurance, SQL, NoSQL, Python, DWH, Azure
Data Engineers are urgently needed for a global insurer in the City of London. They are currently on the cusp of moving all of their core systems onto the latest technology and are looking for ambitious individuals to drive this from a data perspective.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining their data pipelines and the architecture based around it. You will be sourcing and dealing with large and complex data sets to meet the requirements of various end users (Data Scientists, Actuarial etc.)
For this role you will need a prior experience dealing with enterprise level data sets and a background in various databases. Insurance experience would be preferable but they would rather the right individual with a strong technical background.
- Data pipeline architecture
- Sourcing, ingesting and assembling new data sets
- Loading of data from various data sources including new big data technologies
- Building new analytic tools for data pipeline utilization
- Prior experience working within a Data Engineer role
- SQL knowledge working with a variety of databases (SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, GraphQL)
- Big Data technology (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Storm, Kafka)
- Cloud exposure, ideally Azure (HDInsight)