£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Data Specialist / Data Analyst - T-SQL, R/Python, APIs, VBA
Data Specialist to join a leading Lloyds Market Insurer and work in a fast-paced environment where you can use all of your data skills. Within a small but high profile team you'll be working an incredibly-varied role in which you'll be assisting Portfolio Managers, preparaing large and varied sources of data using T-SQL for your programming and manipulation. With the opportunity to work with 100s billions of lines of data, you will be supporting the Underwriters and Actuaries with deep data analysis, manipulation, extraction and visualisation of meaningful insights. Your work will develop the knowledge to support the underwriting teams for products covering tropical islands, natural disasters and much more.
This company are very excited to up-skill new colleagues and provide the resources to become a Data Specialist in the sector.
- Using SQL server for extracting, importing and updating submissions
- Data transfer into external systems used for technical pricing and support cloud migration strategy
- Work with Modelling teams on analysis of portfolio risk
- Power BI/Reporting Services for data presentation
- Collaborate with Analytics team on additional duties e.g. research and platform improvements
- T-SQL experience essential with excellent problem-solving skills in extraction and manipulation
- Understanding of implementing APIs via RESTful and familiarity with Power BI/Reporting Services
- BSc in STEM field (Advanced qualifications are a bonus) with at least 2 years' working experience
- Good understanding of R/Python with Machine Learning tools as an advantage
- Strong organisational and communicational skills
This is a perfect move for someone who has a passion for Data and complex problem-solving and who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Data Analyst / Data Analytics Specialist - T-SQL, R/Python, APIs, VBA