City of London, London
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Package
8 months ago
Cloud Engineer - Fintech, Infrastructure, Automation
My client is a leading international provider of payment solutions who are looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer to join their Internal IT Team. They are looking to hire a candidate to work on technology-focused projects, focusing on the design, delivery and automation of cloud-based-infrastructure systems.
You will be producing detailed design documents including physical and logical designs, as well as designing configurations and implementing them. This role will involve working with project management teams to ensure deliverables are understood and that accuracy and standards are compliant. You will be working with technology systems such as AWS, deploying and managing EC2, EBS and ECS, as well as working with Windows Server operations.
My client are seven years old and are now in the process of building pout a unique work environment where individuals aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. They are built on 100% propriety technology and handle every part of the payment process allowing them to be fully transparent and build relationships with their customers, providing excellence to the likes of Samsung, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation.
- Work with architectural and design groups to ensure accuracy of designs and standards compliance.
- Maintain sufficient familiarity with business / application / systems requirements.
- Provide input to product teams to define/refine group practices to meet team's objectives.
- Attend departmental, project and general meetings and effectively represent current status as appropriate.
- Ensure continued adherence to IT Service Management process (primarily around Change, Incident and Problem Management.) Where possible, design and/or automate yourself out of any of the above duties.
- AWS (Certifications strongly desirable) - deploying, managing and supporting EC2, EBS, ECS, IAM S3 & ALB.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Deployment, Service monitoring and patching.
- Experience of administering both Linux and Windows Servers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.